HHP Talks About Growing Up Speaking Zulu & Coming From A Multicultural Family




Rapper HHP spoke about how his grandmother used to speak to him (and his sister) in Zulu when he was growing up.

This was after a twitter user was surprised at how HHP was fluent rapping in Zulu on the remix of Imbube’s Draztik produced “Ama Vuvuzela” which featured other rappers like Young Nations, F-eezy and El Nino.

“My grandmother who named me is ZULU. From eDumbe KZN. All my life she & u'Khulu spoke Zulu to us. *me & my sisters,” the rapper replied to the surprised Twitter fan.

The Mafikeng native who is known for performing in ethnic languages also informed another fan how he is from a multicultural family.

“Yeah. In my family we're Ndebele, Tjopi, Zulu, Tswana, Xhosa, Ndao & Shangaan. We also have Coloureds, #RainbowFamily,” he said.

The rapper who in April came out about attempting to commit suicide three times in 2015 has released eight studio albums and won  awards like the MTV Africa Music Awards in 2009 for Best Video for his song “Mpitse”.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

No comments

Powered by Blogger.